Steak Fajita Salad

Good afternoon! Is everyone enjoying their bonus weekend day?! Happy unofficial start to Summer!

This afternoon I headed over to Cushing Park for a jog and to see some of the new additions the town has recently completed. When I got to my car, I almost didn’t recognize it due to its seemingly new paint job.

Look at all the pollen! My once green car is practically yellow now.

I was absolutely shocked to see how dead it was at the park! Where is everyone? Inside?

Recently our town added some information regarding the history of this park. It used to be Cushing hospital, a place where soldiers were taken during countless wars. Now there is a little path that walks you through the different stages of the park and hospital over the last few hundred years.

They also recently added a monument for the 11 people from Framingham who died during 9-11

It was such a beautiful day, but it was a bit humid which is a nightmare for asthmatics such as myself.

After 2 1/2 miles the humidity got to me and I had to call it a day.

**************

I broke one of my crucial rules today. Typically I limit myself to a Trader Joe’s visit every 2 weeks. However I could not help myself today, and I had to stop on the way home. Ooops :-)

Look at all those colors?! I am especially excited for my dessert tonight!

Only $3.50 and very reasonable nutritionally!

I also picked up another plant for the balcony.

I love fresh basil :-)

********************

Today’s lunch was INCREDIBLE! After my jog I was starving and craving some veggies and steak (as always).

I am calling it my steak fajita salad!

Ingredients:

• lettuce
  • grape tomatoes
  • red peppers
  • red onions
  • avocado
  • corn (leftover corn on the cob)
  • steak (leftover from last night’s feast)

Soooooo good and so fresh tasting. I also had some fresh watermelon and a fun Summery beverage :-)

Look at all those colors :-) A colorful meal is the best kind.  Also-I love getting to eat outside. It’s so refreshing. Enjoy what is left of the weekend!

What foods get you in the mood for Summer?

• topshelfbreakaway May 28, 2012, 5:27 pm

Let me know how that frozen yogurt is!!! I usually stay away from TJ’s because it is so much farther from me compared to Hannaford, but that may be worth a trip :)

To answer your question, just as you have it pictured, WATERMELON! I could it eat it all day every day during the summer. I find it so much easier to eat fruits and veggies in the summer in place of other things that are not so great comparatively, like my LF cape cod chips (addiction has been broken for now!). Unfortunately my local farmers market doesn’t start up til July…I can hardly wait!

• savorlifesflavors May 29, 2012, 5:23 pm

The frozen yogurt is amazing! I highly recommend it. TJ’s is ALWAYS worth the trip. I have yet to ever get something there that I didn’t at least like a lot.

I don’t know what it is about watermelon that makes it so Summery but It’s the perfect snack on a hot day. They also make wonderful adult beverage mixers :-)

• healthhappinessandharmony May 28, 2012, 8:19 pm

Let us know how the frozen yogurt is! My sister raves about Ben and Jerry’s new Greek frozen yogurt, but I haven’t tried it yet.
    Your salad looks delicious too! I’m thinking a scoop of salsa would make an awesome, “dressing”.
    Watermelon! I bought my second, and it may be calling to me tonight. :)

• savorlifesflavors June 6, 2012, 11:37 pm

I have heard amazing things about B&J’s Greek Frozen Yogurt. I have been looking for coupons!

• Blogging Runner May 28, 2012, 11:24 pm

Your steak fajita salad looks so good and very healthy! Yum :)

• savorlifesflavors May 29, 2012, 5:20 pm

Thanks! It was a nice change to the traditional salad I have so often.