WIAW: Sensible Snacking

This is an account of what I ate on a combo of 2 separate days this week. Some is from Sunday June 10th and the rest is Tuesday June 12th.

This month’s What I Ate Wednesday topic is Sensible Snacking. This issue is a bit backwards for me in that when I am “on the go”  I am a very sensible snacker! It’s when I’m at home with a stocked kitchen that my snacking gets out of control! It’s no secret that I love my salty snacks and portion control is never on my mind. This month I am going to TRY my best to pack up a few snacks for the day and hopefully save my wallet and waistline some misery!

Breakfast: 8:00

A peach Chobani with blueberries, raspberries and some Special K Fruit and Yogurt cereal for crunch :-)

Lunch: 10:50

Chicken and broccoli penne! One of my co workers brought in some leftover food from a weekend function. Delicious. (And free)

I also had some leftover succotash. Got to get those veggies in!

Snack #1

These salty little nuggets were packed with flavor and kept me going through a very long day!

Snack # 2:

Berries were on sale this week and I went a little crazy. Blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. Yummmm

I also had some hummus with bell peppers and grape tomatoes. I could eat red peppers everyday! It’s my favorite vegetable. Even when I was in elementary school, my mom would pack them in my school lunch :-)

Dinner:

This was from Sunday’s make your own pizza night! Nolan and I handled the toppings and his sister Ashley and her boyfriend Shawn handled the rest! They picked up two hand rolled crusts from Bertuccis (one wheat, one regular), a chicken Caesar salad, and they even threw in some fresh rolls! Heaven!!!!

For toppings, Nolan prepared two kinds of chicken, (BBQ and Buffalo), bacon, onions, peppers, jalapenos, pineapple and lots of cheese!

Nolan LOVES his bacon :-)

Pizza # 1:  Death By Buffalo. It had buffalo chicken, hot sauce, jalapenos, and spicy buffalo American cheese.

Pizza #2: BBQ Pineapple. This was my favorite pizza. It had BBQ chicken, bacon, onions, and pineapple.

MY PLATE:

Two slices of BBQ Pineapple pizza, Caesar salad, and a Bertucci’s roll. (I def had @ least one more slice after this)

Dessert: I took care of dessert for the evening! Before you get scared let me say that I had help from Betty again! (On sale for $1.99)

I did add my own little twist…

So creative I know!

Success!!!

Now this is the part where I could say I was a sensible snacker and only had one of these babies….or even 2. But that would be a bold faced lie. I won’t give precise numbers but it is embarrassingly high. I quickly packed the rest of these up the next morning and took them to work with me! Sensible right? :-)

What is your FAVORITE snack? (healthy or otherwise)

• Jennie Northdale June 13, 2012, 3:22 am

This looks so good, Nothing beats a good slice of pizza! The roasted almonds is also amazing, actually, i’m eating some right now, yum yum! :) Your cookies looks delicious too. If it was me, I had eaten them all within 20 minutes, just can’t hold me back, coockies is just too good!

• savorlifesflavors June 13, 2012, 8:33 pm

I crave salty and sweet together. I alternated between a cookie and bite of pizza. Total fat kid move :-)

• Living, Learning, Eating June 13, 2012, 7:47 am

Breakfast looks delicious! And heath makes everything better – especially heath ice cream, nomnomnom. I looooove ice cream. And peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Even better if it’s soy nut butter and they’re on English muffins :)

Found you through Peas & Crayons!

xoxo,
    LLE

• withasideofhope June 13, 2012, 8:33 am

The rolls from Bertucci’s are the best! Those pizzas look delicious! :) I’ve never had pineapple on pizza but before but always wanted to try it. There is nothing like homemade pizza.

• savorlifesflavors June 13, 2012, 8:35 pm

Pineapple is my favorite pizza topping!

I could easily eat Bertucci’s rolls all, day. long.

• whatwouldjessicaeat June 13, 2012, 10:42 am

Homemade pizza is the best….the Hawaiian one sounds right up my alley!

• MassachusEATS June 13, 2012, 12:38 pm

The pizzas look excellent! Love homemade pizza :)

• savorlifesflavors June 13, 2012, 8:36 pm

It is one of my favorite meals! What is your favorite topping?

• mindrunningwild June 13, 2012, 5:01 pm

such fun!! red peppers are so delicious. I don’t like green peppers half as well as I like red ones. As for berries I can’t wait until I get my hands on some. I’ve my mind set on picking some strawberries. and our blueberry bushes are almost ready!

• savorlifesflavors June 13, 2012, 8:37 pm

I try to get my fiance to go berry picking with me every year. Berries are my favorite fruit. They are so versatile. I can easily incorporate them into breakfast, lunch and dessert!

• Kailey June 14, 2012, 1:38 pm

homemade pizza always turns out the best :)
    Love having pasta for lunch!

• Dash June 14, 2012, 7:26 pm

Ooh, those cookies look delicious!
    My favourite healthy snacks are yoghurt and grapes if I’m in the mood for something sweet and carrot sticks & peppers (I too LOVE peppers, yum!) with humous or guacamole if I want something savoury.
    Non-healthy is bread – particularly a fresh baguette or loaf of Tiger bread. Someone needs to invent a bread-centric diet, I would be so good at it!

• savorlifesflavors June 18, 2012, 11:00 am

The cookies were TOO good. I typically don’t love sweets (I’m a salt lover) but these were so addictive!

I have never had Tiger bread before. What is it??

• choice diablo 3 gold us August 5, 2012, 12:53 pm

Hi there, I discovered your web site by the use of Google while looking for a similar matter, your site came up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.