WIAW: Fresh and Fruity

Happy 4th of July everyone! This week’s What I Ate Wednesday is a snapshot of what I ate on Tuesday July 3rd.

In honor of this month’s WIAW theme, I also completed a commercial break workout.

During a 1 hr tv show I did a combination of situps, pushups, lunges, and squats during the commercials. It was simple yet effective!

Breakfast:

Yesterday’s breakfast is a current favorite of mine.

Waffles from Trader Joe’s topped with TJ’s frozen cherry blend and a piece of turkey bacon.

Snack:

A very juicy nectarine and a handful of blueberries.

Lunch: An eclectic mix of greens from our farm share, topped with one of Sarah’s Mexican 7 layer cups!

Snack:

A honeydew-lime smoothie!

Ingredients:

Lemon basil, lime juice, and 1/2 a honeydew melon. I blended it in my magic bullet…

….and garnish!

It just tastes like summer. 🙂 It’s sweet, fresh, and cold! Perfect for a hot humid day.

Dinner:

Last night’s dinner is one of my favorite recipes. Stuffed Spaghetti squash!

I will post a detailed recipe tomorrow, but in a nutshell, this spaghetti squash is stuffed with seasonal veggies, cheese, breadcrumbs, and marinara sauce. I served it with a small side salad, and a piece of garlic bread that I found on the discount rack at the supermarket!

Dessert:

I made it to July without going to Dairy Queen which is pretty remarkable!

I got a small vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles….apparently rainbow means brown to these people but oh well.

Chocolate sprinkles or rainbow?

• eatpraytri July 4, 2012, 12:36 am

rainbow sprinkles!! Love them! 🙂

• Kat @ a dash of fairydust July 4, 2012, 6:40 am

Rainbow sprinkles all the way! They’re much more fun than the “plain” chocolate ones in my eyes. 🙂
    I need to try soaghetti squash as well,yours looks delish!

• Happy Fourth! That smoothie sounds amazing! I will most definitely be trying that! Your spaghetti squash dinner looks so good too! Can’t wait to check out the recipe!

• Hannah July 4, 2012, 12:33 pm

Rainbow all the way 🙂

• mindrunningwild July 4, 2012, 12:41 pm

spaghetti squash is the best. simply the best. I haven’t found out lately, but i’m on the prowl.
    rainbow sprinkles, of course. It’s fun to eat that way.

• savorlifesflavors July 5, 2012, 9:57 pm

My fiance loves it! It’s one of the few healthy meals I make that he requests!

• Kelly @ My love affair with running July 4, 2012, 5:46 pm

I like the idea of stuffed spaghetti squash.. holding out for the recipe 🙂 We often have the baby squash stuffed with peas..

• savorlifesflavors July 5, 2012, 10:14 pm

I’ve never had stuffed baby squash. I love how versatile this recipe is. You can throw any seasonal veggies in there and its fresh and delicious. 🙂

• whatwouldjessicaeat July 5, 2012, 7:25 pm

The smoothie sounds so refreshing! I never would have thought to put honeydew in a smoothie…I can’t wait to try it!

• savorlifesflavors July 5, 2012, 10:17 pm

I saw a recipe in Family Circle for a cucumber-melon smoothie but I didn’t have any cucumber.

• Eating 4 Balance July 6, 2012, 6:38 pm

Wow. That stuffed spaghetti squash is a great idea!