So obviously I had a very busy weekend so yesterday I did some catching up on my blog-world. It was then that I discovered that Angela gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award.
It always surprises me that people care so much and tune in to read about my cooking, living, and of course eating. I have had a blast sharing my everyday accounts with my readers, and I have been equally inspired and obsessed with other people’s lives. Blogging is like therapy for me. It gives me a place to collect my thoughts and share them with others.
Recently many of my friends, family, and co-workers have come out of the woodwork and admitted that they are avid readers of SLF! THANK YOU! To be honest, Nolan and my mom were the only ones who knew I even had a blog for the first month or so. Eventually I told a few of my close friends and word spread from there. Many people have approached me and said “how come you didn’t tell me you had a blog?!” and to be quite honest, I just didn’t think they would care. I love the new friends I have made through Savor Life’s Flavors as well as the new connections I have made with my friends and family. So thank you Angela for reading, caring, inspiring, encouraging, and sharing your recipes with me. I can’t wait to meet you in a few weeks!
With power comes responsibility. With my award I must pay it forward!
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
1. I have tiny feet. I wear a size 3…yes 3, and it is impossible to find shoes that don’t light up or have Dora the Explorer on them!
2. I HATE olives and blue cheese. The olive thing isn’t a big deal, but blue cheese is one of Nolan’s 5 food groups. I think it tastes like mold, (as it should) and I just can’t get past it.
3. Caffeine has no effect on me. Like my mother, I could drink a pot of coffee and go right to sleep. I blame her for me immunity because growing up I was always on meds for something and she started mixing them with coffee and coffee flavored things so that I would take it.
4. I have a very addictive personality. This may be evident here on SLF. I go through phases where I get obsessed with certain foods, songs, tv shows, and characters. And I mean obsessed. In college I watched the entire SERIES of Gilmore Girls on DVD in about a week. (There are 7 seasons). In the kitchen, I tend to get obsessed with certain breakfast or lunch foods that I have everyday until I get sick of it. My current addictions are
- FOOD: Special K and blueberries.
- TV SHOWS: Gilmore Girls (It’s gone full circle)
- Characters: Eric Northman 0Trueblood
- SONG: 50 Ways to say goodbye and She’s So Mean
5. Nolan and I are both named after baseball players-pitchers to be exact. Nolan’s full name is Nolan Ryan Sullivan- obviously named after the great Nolan Ryan.
The year I was born, Roger Clemens won the Cy Young award. He is from Katy Texas, which is why my mom spelled my name K-A-T-Y.
*FUN FACT* Nolan Texas and Katy Texas are 7 hrs away from each other.
6. At 5’1 I was the captain of my high school volleyball team! I have a mean serve and I can jump pretty high. This past spring I played in a rec league and I cannot wait to start up again in September.
7. Family is the most important thing in the world to me.
What my parents think- especially my mom, is crucial to my every decision. Growing up my parents never grounded me. They never took things away from me or punished me for bad behavior. I never went through a “I hate my parents I need to rebel” phase because there was never anything to rebel against. They disciplined us through respect. We respected them enough to never want to disappoint and if we did, the guilt you felt for disappointing was punishment enough. That level of respect has never deteriorated and at 25 I still find myself in situations thinking “If I do that my mom will kill me” and walking away. They are always in my head, as good parents should be!
- Catalina @ Cake with Love
- Krista @ Top Shelf Break Away
- Emily @ perfection isnt happy
- Hope @ With a Side of Hope
- Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud
- Michelle @ Better With Berries
- Julie @ Spinach and Sprinkles
Spread the love ladies!
What is your one addiction or guilty pleasure?