WIAW: Fall Eats

Hey there and welcome to yet another What I Ate Wednesday!

Peas and Crayons

My meals have been a bit screwy lately because, well, life happens. And life has been happening A LOT lately and well, it sucks. OK onto the food!

BREAKFAST: 7: am, in traffic

My fall oatmeal mix. Oatmeal topped with pumpkin butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.

This pumpkin butter is wonderful and the perfect addition to oatmeal.

It’s a bit sweet but it melts in with the oats and makes it creamy. I am stoked to ones again have this ingredient in the mix. :-) Also- this  glass Tupperware we got from the shower, a life saver! It allows me to pack my breakfast on the go in a convenient way.

LUNCH: 12:00

Leftovers! Leftover spinach and cheese raviolis,  grapes with Laughing Cow, and 1/2 an apple with some PB2 (not photographed).

In case you didn’t know, squeezing lemon juice on the apple prevents it from getting brown. This mac was sweet, crunchy, and oh so fresh.

SNACK: 3:00

A Fiber One bar. Very filling and a nice little treat.

DINNER: 6:00

More leftovers!

Leftover butternut squash and carrot soup, and the rest of my ham and cheese sandwich from Subway.

Ok, bear with me a second…… I put a few slices of apple into my soup. I actually got the idea from my wedding menu. One of the dishes we could have selected was butternut squash with apple. I would have never paired these two ingredients on my own, but I figure since I now have a crap ton of apples, I might as well get adventurous. Guess what? It’s delicious! It adds a nice dose of acidity to the soup, and some crunch. :-) Try it, I swear!

DESSERT: 9:00

A delicious salty dessert. :-)

Popcorn from where else, Trader Joe’s!  Again, it’s only 130 calories per bag, and practically fat free! And it’s great to munch on while watching mindless tv at 9 pm.

Happy Wednesday!!!

Do you watch Parenthood? I cried throughout the whole episode last night.

Do you like any odd flavor combos? I crave spaghetti sauce when I have chocolate sometimes… I know it’s wicked bizarre.

• Linz September 26, 2012, 12:35 am

I watch Parenthood! This entire season has been a tear jerker!!

• inherchucks September 26, 2012, 1:58 am

That pumpkin butter looks awesome! I am sure it doesn’t compare, but I saw some at trader joes the other day and wanted to pick some up. After reading this post I will be going back tomorrow to get a jar for myself :)

Thanks for sharing. Happy WIAW!

• savorlifesflavors September 26, 2012, 1:52 pm

I’v never tried Trader Joe’s PB but I’m sure it’s just as good! I love it because it’s so versatile. The possibilities are endless!

• jessielovestorun September 26, 2012, 8:12 am

Before you told us your apple trick I was honestly wondering how in the world it hadn’t browned! Thanks for filling us all in :)

• savorlifesflavors September 26, 2012, 1:53 pm

yea! That was actually cut the night before! I keep one of those plastic lemons with the juice in it in the fridge. I squirted a tiny bit onto the apple and there ya go! It’s also a good trick for fruit salad.

• withasideofhope September 26, 2012, 8:47 am

Pumpkin butter sounds yummy! I bought some a couple of years ago from Trader Joe’s and I remember it being good. I need to go back and try it again :)

• eatandgetmoving September 26, 2012, 10:44 am

A butternut squash ‘n apple soup is actually one of my staples during fall season :-) I don’t think you’re being weird at all 😉 Plus, I’m all for odd combos anyways 😀 Mango + sweet potato is my current obsession..

• savorlifesflavors September 26, 2012, 1:54 pm

Really?! That’s great. I often wonder how bizarre ,y cravings will be when I get pregnant some day. Mango and sweet potato huh? I’ll have to give it a try some day.

• eatandgetmoving September 27, 2012, 6:32 am

haha I’ve been wondering the same thing for when I get pregnant… lol