WIAW In the Dominican

Before I go any further, I want to disclose the following:

The resort we went to was all inclusive and I have zero will power. ZERO. I am not going to sit here and tell you all the “just because you are on vacation doesn’t mean you have to go off a diet” spiel, I. WENT.CRAZY.

Now that that’s out of the way, let’s get to this week’s What I Ate Wednesday, Dominican edition.

Peas and Crayons

BREAKFAST:

MY PLATE:

Pineapple, papaya, passion fruit, hard boiled egg, scrambled eggs, Spanish sausage, and a small piece of bread with cream cheese. Yup, pig.

There were two foods I fell in love with in the Dominican.  One was passion fruit, and the other, mashed plantains. Passion fruit is so deliciously sour and juicy, I ate it every chance I got, breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert! Mashed plantains tastes a lot like mashed potatoes. It’s starchy, chunky, and goes great with ketchup. Very American thing to do, I know.

Of course I washed it down with a few mimosas…. why not right?

SNACK:

Ok, when you are laying on a bed on the beach drinking mimosas and a little man comes over and asks you if you want some fresh salsa and queso dip, you say yes. You just do.

LUNCH:

To be honest, idk what half of this food is on my plate, but I took every open opportunity to try new foods. Going clockwise I think I ate carrots and zucchini, lamb, fish with some Mediterranean sauce, chicken with curry sauce, beef? I hope….  I didn’t eat ALL of this, just sampled. Promise. :-)

SNACK:

When a man on the beach asks you if you want a freshly picked coconut filled with rum? You say yes. You just do.

Nolan and I also shared a plate of sushi from the sushi bar on the beach.

California roll, spicy crab roll, and a fried calamari roll.

DINNER: 9:30 pm

We had a very late dinner reservation that night at the Italian restaurant. I ordered the seafood fettuccine Alfredo.

OH.MY.GOD. One of the best things about vacationing on the coast is the fresh seafood. This Alfredo was filled with shrimp, scollops, fish and lobster. Look at that crazy lobster?! It was the coolest presentation I had seen in a very long time. You could tell this little guy had been swimming around a few hrs before he made his way onto my plate. Delish!

After this, I went to bed. It was a long day of eating! hahaha.

• jessielovestorun October 17, 2012, 7:32 am

that whole lobster dish just looks delicious. i really hope you didn’t waste any of it :)

• kitkat1126 October 17, 2012, 8:54 am

Yum, this all looks delicious! I’m so glad you thoroughly enjoyed your honeymoon without worrying about dieting. Honeymoons are once in a lifetime, so it’s healthy to indulge!

• savorlifesflavors October 20, 2012, 10:51 am

Exactly. That was our attitude and I’m so glad we didn’t have any indulging regrets!

• K @ Finding a skinnier me October 17, 2012, 12:53 pm

Okay, those all looked so yummy!!!!

Happy WIAW

• Eating 4 Balance October 17, 2012, 9:03 pm

Wow. That resort looks killer! It seems like you had a really great time! :)

• Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 17, 2012, 10:39 pm

Don’t feel bad, I eat what I want when I’m on vacation too! Glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon!

• Courtney October 25, 2012, 8:42 am

I went to the Dominican Republic about 1.5 years ago. AMAZING time. I hope you had a wonderful time! As for the eats… YUM! I definitely think vacation is a good reason to splurge and eat whatever you want. Especially at all inclusives… there’s just too much to try so you have to squeeze it all in. No shame in that! :)