WIAW: Cheese and Cookies

Happy Hump Day! Welcome to another What I Ate Wednesday

Peas and Crayons

This is an account of what I ate on Tuesday October 23rd.

BREAKFAST: 7 am

Blueberry waffles from Trader Joe’s with very cherry blend

LUNCH: 12 pm/ snack @ 3 pm

1/2 a ham sandwich with avocado and tomato on Arnold’s 12 grain bread….

with a cup of Trader Joe’s Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper soup with crushed basil…..

and some mixed veggies and a cheese stick for a snack.

DINNER:6 pm

Nolan and I watched a lot of Food Network on our honeymoon. No that’s not code for anything… it means we spent a lot of time in bed…watching food network. One of the recipes we saw that caught our eye was homemade mac and cheese! We were determined to remake this classic and do it in a delicious way. After much debate, we came up with the following recipe.

The crunchy onions on top were clutch!!!….and all Nolan’s idea. They added a nice crunchy contrast to the pasta.  We have enough cheesy leftovers to last us a week. 🙂

DESSERT:

Cookies!!!

Topped with a little cinnamon and sugar, these cookies are delectable, and any idiot can make them. 🙂 My kind of dessert.

• jessielovestorun October 24, 2012, 3:49 am

Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese may be one of the best comfort foods out there! Soo good 🙂

• savorlifesflavors October 28, 2012, 8:15 pm

I had never had it before but Nolan was dead set on making it. I am so glad we did. 🙂

• K @ Finding a skinnier me October 24, 2012, 12:24 pm

Oooh pumpkin cookies.. so interesting!! I love the Trader Joe’s squash soup.. mmm thinking of that I better pick some up lol. Happy WIAW 🙂

• savorlifesflavors October 28, 2012, 8:16 pm

The cookies are addicting…. beware. Have you tried the TJ’s pumpkin soup? I have heard it’s great but I haven’t tried it yet.

• Julie October 24, 2012, 7:21 pm

I like buying cake mix to make different things, not exactly the recipe on the box. Happy WIAW!

• Cait October 24, 2012, 11:22 pm

Oh that macaroni and cheese is on my list now for this weekend!