Well thanks to a lot of drugs and soup, I am feeling much better today but still not 100%. I hit a wall today and just needed to get out of the house. You know that smell? That sick smell that takes over when you haven’t showered or left the couch in 48 hrs? UGH! So I decided to strap on my shoes and go to Cushing for a walk. It was pretty cold outside but it was nice to breathe in some fresh non stinky air.
The walk put me in a productive mood and I finally went over to Bed Bath & Beyond to get a new Keurig. They are really amazing there. They exchanged our 1 1/2 year old broken Keurig for a brand new one, no questions asked. Christmas came early!
Isn’t it pretty?! Reunited and it tastes so gooooooooooooooood!
I’m not going to lie, I owe my productivity to a little Elf. I am participating in a December health challenge called the Elf for Health Holiday Challenge!
Basically this is a six week healthy living challenge to assist in staying on track during the holiday season. Each participant will be assigned an “elf”, which is another participant who can encourage you on your journey to stay healthy. I will contact my elf at least twice a week to discuss our health goals and encourage them to complete each daily challenge. For more info, click on the Elf for Health button on my page!
This week’s daily challenges are as follows:
- Monday, November 26- Go Meatless Today- Show us your delicious meat-free eats!
- Tuesday, November 27- Send a card or handwritten note to a friend.
- Wednesday, November 28- Try a new workout today!
- Thursday, November 29-Get up 15 minutes early to mediate and reflect
- Friday, November 30- How many different colors can you eat today? Challenge yourself!
- Saturday, December 1- Clean out your closet! Fill a bag with clothes to donate to Goodwill
My problem with health goals is that I never hold myself 100% accountable, so I am hoping this challenge will be the opportunity I need to succeed and follow through with my plans to get back onto a healthy path. I will include a quick recap of my progress on Fridays.
I have to figure out what to do for dinner that doesn’t include meat…… Carnivore problems.