Health-ier Mashed Potatoes

I realized it’s been a very long time since I shared a new recipe with everyone. Most of the time we cook on a whim and I never think to write down my “recipes” .

This weekend I was craving freshly mashed potatoes. It’s another one of my cold-weather cravings.

(sorry the pic sucks)

mail.google.com

uhjhb

I’m telling you, these came out DELICIOUS!  I like to leave the skins on my potatoes when I mash them to give it some texture and chunk. Nolan is always skeptical of adding Chobani to recipes, and flipped out when I didn’t add a pound of butter to the bowl.  However he quickly shut up after the first bite. The yogurt gave the potatoes a real creamy consistency, without all the calories and fat. Honestly, it didn’t need any butter, but Nolan was wishing we had some gravy. 🙂

It was the perfect side to our Smoked Applewood pork chops.

PicMonkey Collage

This Pampered Chef spice rub is becoming one of my favorites. Pork chops were buy one get one free last time we went shopping, so tonight’s dinner cost about $4.

• Michelle @ Eat Move Balance February 5, 2013, 7:35 am

I love using Greek yogurt as a replacement for sour cream! It’s such a healthier choice and people never know the difference!

• savorlifesflavors February 5, 2013, 10:51 pm

I substitute it in dips all the time but I wasn’t sure it would work in this case. It definitely did! I will never use butter again.

• beautyinstrengthxox February 5, 2013, 3:01 pm

LOVE mashed potatoes! They are definitely one of the best comfort foods. 🙂

• beautyinstrengthxox February 5, 2013, 3:04 pm

PS. email address?

• HollieisFueledByLOLZ February 5, 2013, 8:16 pm

I’m the same way as far as recipes. I never actually think of them as actual recipes. I don’t know-these look and sound amazing!

• jessielovestorun February 5, 2013, 11:17 pm

Whenever we lived in the states I would always use chobani for our mashed potatoes. So good 🙂

• Courtney February 6, 2013, 2:01 pm

I just added Fage greek yogurt to mashed sweet potatoes- it was delicious. And my BF is always skeptical about me adding GY to dishes or substituting GY with sour cream or butter, and he always ends up liking it. We really do know best, don’t we? 😉