WIAW: Trader Joe’s Love

This week’s WIAW is filled with Trader Joe’s items! I recently made a trip and picked up a few new-to-us items to try.  So far they are all a go!

Peas and Crayons

BRUNCH:

h544

One of my favorite things about the weekend is having breakfast with Nolan. It’s not so much of a romantic thing as it is a food thing! He typically wakes up around 11 and makes a big breakfast! On this week’s menu, a breakfast mess, Trader Joe’s shredded hash browns topped with a piece of deli ham and cheese, sauteed peppers and onions and a runny fried egg. YUM!

faf

It was probably my entire caloric intake for the day, but it was WELL WORTH IT!

DINNER:

Penne with meatballs!

hyhyhy

Pasta and the rest of my Fairy Godmothers’ meatballs.

njfkafw

On the side I prepared some Brussels sprouts that I picked up at T J’s.

234

This was a new-to-us product that we will certainly buy again.

jtyes

khomrr

I broke out a fancy $2 bottle of wine from Trader Joe’s to complete the meal.

45454

DESSERT:

Nolan and I finally tried a local cafe for a little after dinner treat. Panache Coffee is a very quaint little cafe that serves gourmet coffee drinks, pastries and apparently hot breakfast items like crepes and breakfast sandwiches.

source

Nolan and I are both plain hot coffee with milk no sugar kind of people so we were overwhelmed. We finally decided on hazelnut lattes! HOLY DELICIOUS! It was like a hot liquid dessert! I plan to go back for breakfast this weekend. The atmosphere was so cozy and had a great relaxing vibe. They also have Wi-Fi so it would be a great place to sit and do some blogging. 🙂

cath

Another day of great eats and a new product discoveries!

Question of the Day:

What is your  favorite weekend brunch item?

• jessiebearwhat February 6, 2013, 12:27 am

mmmmm that breakfast mess is making me DROOL

• mlevine3010 February 6, 2013, 12:43 am

Love a good wine bargain! Brunch items I love def include eggs benedict or steak and eggs if im out but at home i love good old bacon and eggs and toast:-)

• jessielovestorun February 6, 2013, 12:44 am

Oh man I would do anything to be able to sleep until 11:00!!! Lucky guy.

• savorlifesflavors February 6, 2013, 9:58 pm

If I even go in the room before 10:30, 11:00 he growls at me. hahaha. But his work hours are 10-6 during the week, so it is “sleeping in” for him. I get up at 7 every morning and “sleep in” on weekends until 9.

• HollieisFueledByLOLZ February 6, 2013, 5:52 am

Looks good to me! I like the idea of the mess/scramble. I think it’s something I would try for real. I tend to have a lot of eggs on the weekends and always pancakes are quite good ha ha.

• savorlifesflavors February 6, 2013, 9:59 pm

I tend to be really indecisive on the weekends and typically have like breakfast pu pu platters. This “mess” gives you a little bit of everything. 🙂

• Michelle @ Eat Move Balance February 6, 2013, 8:12 am

I’ve been loving brussels sprouts lately–I think every other post I do includes them in some picture or another. lol. What a beautiful (and tasty, I’m sure) dinner!

• savorlifesflavors February 6, 2013, 10:00 pm

I just started liking Brussels Sprouts within the past 2 years. We had them at a Thanksgiving and since then I have been hooked! I have never cooked them fresh, only frozen. I’m a bit intimidated by the stalk they come on!

• Natalie @ Free Range Human February 6, 2013, 9:29 am

Those meatballs look delicious!

• Kaitlin February 6, 2013, 5:35 pm

Brussels sprouts are AMAZING!!!

• beautyinstrengthxox February 6, 2013, 6:35 pm

LOL I sware we’re related somehow. I think two bottles are all I break out at home.