Super Bowl Snacks

Morning Sunshine! Almost there. One more day to go!

So this past weekend I went to Trader Joe’s and picked up a few newer items.

Now honestly, I just went in for fruit but of course I came out with a few goodies! As usual I tried both of the samples they were giving out(and the beer samples!) and I ended up leaving with all four of the products I sampled. They were perfect for our Super Bowl festivities!

Sample #1

fa

A few weeks ago Nolan used the Trader Joe’s General Tso sauce on his chicken wings and it was a HUGE success! Everyone loved the taste  so when I saw they were giving out meatballs covered in the sauce, I put them both in my cart before even trying them.

To prepare them, all I did was toss them (still frozen) into a pot, covered them with sauce, and let them simmer on low for about 30 minutes.

v

Everyone went nuts for them! The quality of Trader Joe’s frozen products astounds me. It never tastes stale or freezer burned.

In comparison with other party snacks, these bite sized beauties aren’t terrible calorie wise.

sa

Sample #2

I loveeee Pub Cheese and I also really like the honey pretzel sticks. I had never tried the pumpernickel ones before but the second I tried them with this spread, I was instantly sold! It’s not overly spicy but it certainly has a kick to it which pairs so well with the salt on the sticks.

Thanks to the men in Hawaiian shirts our Super Bowl party was a success!

Question of the Day:

What was on your Super Bowl menu?

Sauces: bbq, buffalo, or General Tso?

• HollieisFueledByLOLZ February 7, 2013, 7:35 am

We have actually had those meatballs several times for dinner for from TJ’s. I personally think they are really good. My superbowl plans kind of fell through due to weather (boo) so I just snacked on random foods at my house sadly. I was pretty bummed for a bit but it happens.

• savorlifesflavors February 8, 2013, 10:58 am

I’m glad we share that opinion! Honestly, I am always afraid after I plaster my opinions all over that people will blast them and have very opposite views. Just the risks of being honest and sometimes a bit outspoken!
      Sorry to hear your plans fell through. Weather can be so unpredictable. Hope you watched the game with some snacks anyway!

• Michelle @ Eat Move Balance February 7, 2013, 7:44 am

We made squash fries and sweet potato chips for snacking. Some of my favorites! Love the easy meatball idea–I can tell that would be a crowd pleaser!

• savorlifesflavors February 8, 2013, 10:59 am

OO I saw this post. I’ve never attempted squash fries before. I bet it would be a great side to a summer bbq!

• BoaBeerBlog February 7, 2013, 8:53 am

After several weeks of seeing the commercials we broke down and got KFC for the Super Bowl. Game day bucket go boom!

• mlevine3010 February 7, 2013, 12:16 pm

Yum i need to go to tjs instead of wholefoods! I had buff chix nachos super bowl! So good!

• savorlifesflavors February 8, 2013, 11:05 am

yummm buffalo chicken nachos! I have never bought anything at Whole foods. If I ever need organic foods I go to TJ’s. Always!