Trader Joe’s Taco Night

TGIF everyone!

This is kinda how I feel today! I really have no business  TGIFing it up since I’ve been on vacation all week. I had yet another productive day yesterday and some fantastic eats!

I had a little sushi lunch date at Ten Ichi. I ordered the spicy salmon roll, and the unaghi avocado roll (eel).

Spicy Salmon

Unaghi Avocado

I stopped at Trader Joe’s on my way home and picked up a few key ingredients for dinner.

Can I just take a second to praise Trader Joe’s Guacamole kit?!

This has become one of my favorite buys at TJ’s! It’s about $4 and it includes all the necessary ingredients to homemade guac!

• 2 avocados
  • 1 plum tomato
  • garlic
  • 1 onion
  • 1 lime
  • 1 jalapeno

Guac is one of my favorite dips/condiments but whenever you buy it in stores, you never know what all they added. I recently found out that a local place we get food from puts sour cream in their guac. That like triples the calories and fat! By making it at home you know exactly what’s going into it.

Some other ingredients I picked up are…

Corn and Chile Salsa

Taco Seasoning

Tortillas

I used a package of ground chicken instead of beef. Just what we had on hand.

Homemade guacamole, and some sauteed peppers and onions.

Taco bowl!

It was an A+ dinner! This corn salsa? Unbelievable. The corn is sweet but the peppers pack a punch! It’s an incredible balance and it added so much diversity to the meal. I need to figure out another use for this stuff!

Alright I actually have a very busy and exciting day ahead of me! I will fill you all in later. :-)

Happy Friday!

Questions of the Day:

Sweet or spicy?

What are your plans for the upcoming weekend?

• Shari February 22, 2013, 9:10 am

A little spicy… that guac kit looks really cool but I love avocados more than guac so in the end I just eat them sliced up.

• Michelle @ Eat Move Balance February 22, 2013, 9:26 am

SPICY!!! Or, actually, the combo is pretty amazing . . . hot pepper jelly is delicious. Anyways, TJ’s taco night is a regular affair in our house. We love their roasted tomato salsa and guiltless chips.

• savorlifesflavors February 23, 2013, 9:50 am

Oh yea?! I thin kit’s actually Trader Jose hahah. They do have incredible salsas. We got the Chipotle one once, and it was too spicy even for Nolan! I just love that their stuff is cheap so even if you don’t like it it’s not a huge waste of $$.

• michelle February 22, 2013, 10:48 am

I bet you could use that corn salsa over eggs for a kicked up breakfast too:-) yum!

• beautyinstrengthxox February 22, 2013, 10:49 am

I was just there yesterday and didn’t see the guac kit! What a great find!

• savorlifesflavors February 23, 2013, 9:52 am

It’s in the produce section in our store right by the avocados. It’s clearly just a collection of leftover products they threw together!

• jessiebearwhat February 23, 2013, 10:40 am

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT GUACAMOLE KIT. I need it in my life. LOVE their taco seasoning and corn salsa though :)