Tasterie: A New Chapter!

Morning. Man, getting back into a routine and a respectable adult sleeping schedule is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. I think I actually yelled at my alarm clock this morning. Nolan wasn’t thrilled by this.

Last night’s dinner was awesome. After grocery shopping this weekend I immediately prepped a few meals for this week. This isn’t something I typically do until the night before but since I had the time, why not?

For last night’s meal I cut up a boneless/skinless chicken breast and some peppers and onions. I tossed it all in a Ziplock bag with about 3 tbsp of our favorite Jamaican Jerk Sauce to marinate overnight.

After work yesterday I took the bag out and dumped in into a skillet with about 1 tbsp of water and a few handfuls of frozen spinach.

While that was cooking I popped a brown rice steamer into the microwave.

IMAG4923Roughly 7 minutes later, dinner was served!

Yum Yum, Yum Yum Yum!

**********************

So I briefly threw in yesterday morning’s post that I got a new part time job and it’s time to elaborate!

Over the past week I have been in contact with a company called Tasterie. Please please please click on the link and check them out! On Friday I finally had the opportunity to meet with them in person and I was offered a job!

tasterie-tagline1-1024x988

Honestly, this opportunity is completely out of the blue for me. I answered an ad a few weeks ago that simply said “FOODIE WANTED” and I never expected it to turn into this.

Tasterie is a newer company that takes the time, effort, and frustration out of grocery shopping with food allergies and dietary restrictions. They track down food companies, products, and ingredients that are allergen free, assemble them into a TasterieBox, and send them out to their subscribers.  So if I had a gluten allergy I would sign up for their gluten-free TasterieBox and every month I would receive a box of gluten-free goodies at my door!

There are two types of boxes to choose from, A SignatureBox and a SnackBox.

SignatureBox:- $20 a month. Includes 8-10 meal oriented products/ingredients.

SnackBox- $15 a month. Includes 6-8 on the go snack products.

They currently cater to individuals with the following allergies or dietary restrictions: gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, nuts, and vegans.  They also have a blog which you can access here.

afa
The mission of Tasterie is to provide people with not just foods they can eat, but foods they want to eat! MY job has several different responsibilities. I will be researching and tracking down companies and products that fit the needs of Tasterie and our customers, testing foods, creating recipes, and some blogging. :-) I’m also going to be working proactively toward putting together a TasterieBox for diabetics.

I am so siked for this new adventure and to see what the future has in store!  I will probably be asking all of you, especially those with special diets for help, so stay tuned!

Enjoy the day!

Question of the Day:

What do you think?!??!

• Michelle @ Eat Move Balance February 26, 2013, 7:48 am

Sounds awesome!!! Love the idea and I think you’ll love it too! Yay! Congrats!

• withasideofhope February 26, 2013, 7:58 am

Congrats on the new job! :) I love the concept and think it’s such a good idea!

• jessiebearwhat February 26, 2013, 8:34 am

whoa congrats! thats so cool!

• jessielovestorun February 26, 2013, 9:07 am

Congratulations on the job. How exciting girl :) I absolutely love the concept of their box!

• savorlifesflavors February 27, 2013, 10:07 pm

Right? I was so surprised I hadn’t seen/heard of them through the food blogging community yet.

• Andrea @ Andrea out loud! February 26, 2013, 10:29 am

Congrats!! how awesome!!
    PS – i love Jamaican Jerk marinades!!

• savorlifesflavors February 27, 2013, 10:08 pm

Jerk is very underrated! I think it’s so good on all meats, especially burgers with a slice of pineapple.

• michelle February 26, 2013, 6:41 pm

Congrats on the new gig!

• beautyinstrengthxox February 26, 2013, 8:00 pm

Congratulations! So exciting!! How did you hear about it? I’d love to help with some gluten free and vegan options. :)

• savorlifesflavors February 27, 2013, 10:10 pm

I applied via Craigslist! It was so crazy. I will be sending you an email soon. You were the first one I thought of when they asked me if I knew any gluten free or vegan bloggers who would like to test/review some products! :-)

• beautyinstrengthxox February 28, 2013, 10:56 am

You will be perfect for it!!! Thank you so much Katy. :) Means so much to me that you thought of me! I can’t wait!

• Eating 4 Balance February 26, 2013, 10:21 pm

Tasterie sounds like an awesome concept. I love that they cater to people with allergies! When I am able to eat more store bought products in the future, I will have to give them a try!

Oh, and congrats on the job. It sounds perfect for you :)

• savorlifesflavors February 27, 2013, 10:12 pm

Thank you. I am working on putting together a giveaway in the near future to get the name out there and to get others familiar with their services. It truly is a great concept and I am lucky to be a part of it.

• livinglearningeating February 27, 2013, 4:28 pm

That sounds amazing – a job like that would be a dream!

• savorlifesflavors February 27, 2013, 10:12 pm

I know it. It totally just fell into my lap. I’m so siked to see where it takes me.