≑ Menu

WIAW: Bacon, Burgers, and More

Welcome readers! I cannot believe this is the last Wednesday of the month. This month’s WIAW is supposed to focus on veggies. I didn’t exactly do a stellar job. Sorry. But I did manage to get a LOT of colors into this day’s eats. Before I get to the eats, I just want to thank everyone for the well wishes and words of encouragement after yesterday’s post. πŸ™‚

Peas and Crayons

BREAKFAST:

Another breakfast sampler!

Berries, a Cutie, Arnold fiber bread toast with Laughing Cow and jelly, and some turkey bacon. Sweet, savory, and salty. πŸ™‚

Laughing Cow really is so versatile. I use it as a substitution for cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, andΒ  mayo. I have been loving it on toast lately!

LUNCH:

A wrap, some boiled carrots, and a white cheddar rice cake for crunch!

IMAG4918Β Honey ham and cheese wrap with lettuce, tomato, and avocado. I used a leftover wrap from taco night.

These wraps are so great. They have a great flavor and a spicy pinch at the end. I do however wish they were a little less than 150 calories…

DINNER:

Nolan made burgers for dinner with homemade onion rings!Β  Isn’t he the best!

Beef cheeseburgers topped with bbq sauce, sauteed mushrooms, peppers, and onions. YUM!!

Absolutely delectable. I am so lucky I found someone who loves to cook and eat as much as I do!

Song of the Day:

Cheeseburger in Paradise- Jimmy Buffett

Questions of the Day:

Burger or pizza?

• jessielovestorun February 27, 2013, 12:24 am

Yum! Nolan did an awesome job w/ preparing dinner. You got yourself a keeper πŸ™‚ Burgers are good, but pizza is where it’s at for me!

• michelle February 27, 2013, 9:30 am

Yum burgers! Love your square and rectangle plates at breakfast!

• Andrea @ Andrea out loud! February 27, 2013, 9:44 am

I love a really good burger on the grill sometimes, but i probably eat pizza more often!! yum!!
    and your breakfast sampler is adorable!

• savorlifesflavors February 27, 2013, 10:01 pm

I definitely eat more pizza but I prefer burgers, especially on the grill.

• kepotts February 27, 2013, 11:11 am

Congrats on the new part-time gig, sounds exciting! I do love a nice juicy burger, pizza usually wins out for convenience though! Yum on the homemade onion rings πŸ™‚

• savorlifesflavors February 27, 2013, 10:03 pm

Thank you. So excited…in case you couldn’t tell. I am such a sucker for onion rings, but it’s hard to find a good dipping sauce. I’m still on the hunt for the perfect combo!

• beautyinstrengthxox February 27, 2013, 1:33 pm

Dinner looks like it’s from a restaurant! You’re a lucky girl. πŸ™‚

• MassachusEATS February 27, 2013, 2:11 pm

Love the cute breakfast setup…I’m a sucker for square plates πŸ™‚ And those onion rings look AMAZING!

• savorlifesflavors February 27, 2013, 10:04 pm

It gives me the chance to portion my food a bit and put lots of different flavors together!

• Sabrina @ Living, Learning, Eating February 27, 2013, 4:27 pm

Your breakfast dishes are so fun, they make it look like room service! As for the question, I’d take a good veggie burger over pizza any day!

• savorlifesflavors February 27, 2013, 10:06 pm

I should totally use this as a breakfast in bed tray! Thanks for the inspiration haha.

• Kaitlin February 27, 2013, 9:49 pm

Yay for cheeseburgers! And I adore the breakfast dish display πŸ™‚