Jumbalaya Recipe

So one of my goals is to do some more food preparation. One of the reasons I snack on crap is because it’s much easier to open a bag of chips than put together something healthy. Yesterday was a pretty low key day so I decided to throw together some simple meals and ingredients to make food prep a bit easier this week.

• Pasta salad
  • Bonus chicken
  • Trail mix
  • Bell peppers
  • Chicken salad
  • Scones
  • Hard boiled eggs

So far it’s made packing lunches and snacks super easy!!! I also discovered that if I put cranberries in something, Nolan won’t eat it! (Insert evil laugh here.) 🙂

On a more exciting note….

I have a new recipe for ya!

jnk

The whole time I was cooking I kept hearing this in my head…

🙂

I’ve never attempted a recipe like this before, but last time we shopped kielbasa was buy one get one free and I wanted to try out something new.

Ingredients:

If you don’t have Cajun seasoning, (like me) it’s equal parts oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.

This cooking experiment definitely required a cooking beer!

I picked this one up at Trader Joe’s for about $2.99 and absolutely loved it!

Steps:

PicMonkey Collage

It came out so well and Nolan kept going back for more which is always a sign of a great new recipe!

Questions of the Day:

Chicken or beef?

Do you prep meals for the week?

• jessiebearwhat March 12, 2013, 8:28 am

Oh, jumbalaya makes me feel so cozy and happy for some reason. Love the meal prep!

• savorlifesflavors March 13, 2013, 11:40 pm

Thanks! It’s the first time I’ve attempted and so far it’s made this week’s lunch packing soooooo simplistic!

• Michelle @ Eat Move Balance March 12, 2013, 9:55 am

I’m a much bigger fan of chicken. This recipe looks awesome . . . my husband would love it. For me, meal prep is a must, and is totally what keeps us eating delicious food all week long.

• savorlifesflavors March 13, 2013, 11:42 pm

There are so many things you can add. Many recipes called for shrimp but we didn’t have any.

• Jessica: Hesitantly Healthy March 12, 2013, 11:16 am

I’ve been dying for a good jambalaya recipe ever since I started eating clean (I used to love the Zatarains boxed stuff!)…this looks awesome. You’ll love the meal prep as the week wears on, and it gets easier as you do it more 🙂

• savorlifesflavors March 13, 2013, 11:43 pm

I totally hear you! It’s made lunch packing so easy! I’ve also been snacking much healthier.