Monday Montage: A Birthday & a Baby

This was a very exciting weekend for the Sullivan family. Not only did my hubby have a birthday, but we welcomed the newest addition to the family, Ava Rose!

IMAG5407-1

Produce shopping

Seasonal brews

Gorgeous weatherIMAG5359

Watched the Sox and got a few workouts in

First cookout of the year!

Nolan’s birthday cake.

A homemade Samoas ice cream cake….

….covered in cool whip to look like a Pokeball.

Nolan’s sister Lindsay made this absolutely delicious cake out of ice cream and crushed up girl scout cookies. It was incredible!

Now, off to work I go! Hopefully this week will go by as fast as last week. I could really use another weekend. :-)

Question of the Day:

How did you spend your weekend?

• Michelle @ Eat Move Balance April 29, 2013, 8:54 am

Whoa! That samoa cake looks insanely delicious! What a fun weekend–how’d it go by so quickly though?!? :)

• savorlifesflavors April 30, 2013, 10:04 pm

I have recently discovered that the nicer it is outside, the quicker the time goes!

• jessiebearwhat April 29, 2013, 9:58 am

Mmmmmm yes that apple wheat shock top is my favoriiitteee!! And that cake is ridiculously adorable!

• savorlifesflavors April 29, 2013, 10:01 pm

I actually didn’t love the apple. I’ll probably love it in the fall. But I also picked up a Wheat IPA Shock Top and I loved it!

• jessiebearwhat April 29, 2013, 10:28 pm

No way! You’re the first person I’ve met who doesn’t love it. I feel like it doesn’t really taste like beer though, so I can see where you’re coming from.

• jessielovestorun April 29, 2013, 11:26 pm

That cake looks unreal, delicious, amazing, mouthwatering.. okay you get it.. I’m kind of obsessed w/ it, Ha Ha!

• savorlifesflavors April 30, 2013, 10:04 pm

Right?! I told my sister in law I need the recipe! I don’t think there is any baking involved so it should be safe for me to attempt. 😉

• beautyinstrengthxox April 30, 2013, 12:21 am

That cake looks amazing, but my eyes are on that deliciousness on your plate….It appears to be lobster mac and cheese….???! confirmation please so I can swoon. :)

• savorlifesflavors April 30, 2013, 10:05 pm

Shrimp! Sooooo good! I actually just packed my lunch for tomorrow and I’m having the leftovers again! :-)

• Courtney April 30, 2013, 8:28 pm

That agave nectar beer is fabulous! Now I want one :) sounds like a great weekend!