WIAW: Breakfast Biscuit Recipe

Morning and happy Wednesday! This is my first day of work this week due to strep throat, ┬ábut I am happy to be going back. I am feeling great and ready to get back into a routine. I was also happy to eat some solid foods yesterday! Sunday and Monday, my eats were primarily applesauce, yogurt, popcicles, soup, and tea due to my very angry throat. Yesterday I took full advantage of my ability to swallow without pain and had some great eats. I didn’t do a whole lot of snacking because the antibiotics I am on haven’t been best friends with my stomach so my appetite has been skewed a bit. Ok, onto the eats!

Peas and Crayons

My newest creation:

IMG_0846I tried out a new creation with my newest favorite ingredient, biscuits! I stuffed these with scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and cheddar cheese for a real breakfast treat! This breakfast biscuit recipe is super simple and very customizable. I can’t wait to make another batch with turkey sausage. They are a great on the go breakfast and only 160 calories each!

biscuits*It’s really important that the eggs and bacon are cooked ahead of time and cooled before making these biscuits. If they are hot, they soften the dough and it’s a nightmare to fold the dough.

brekfastThis batch will be my breakfast for the week. :-) It’s a nice change from the quiche or scones I have been eating the past few weeks! I have been heating them up, so the cheese gets melty and the biscuit is soft. yummmmmm. I enjoyed one yesterday morning, hot out of the oven with some fresh fruit. These berries look much better than they taste, but oh well.

IMG_0843For lunch I was still craving some bacon so I made a turkey bacon club salad filled with romaine, avocado, tomato, turkey bacon, and topped with fat free ranch. Again, I haven’t had the best appetite this week so this filled me up!

unnamed (2)Yesterday was a gorgeous day. I had the sliding glass door open all afternoon to let the fresh air in and the sick air out and all I was craving was grilled meat. It’s amazing how weather can influence your taste buds! I pulled out a few chicken breasts, smothered them in bbq sauce, and tossed them on the grill for dinner. While they were grilling I cooked up a side of couscous, (Nolan’s favorite side), steamed some frozen vegetables, and yes, I enjoyed a beer from a local brewery here in town. Grilling always makes me thirsty. ;-)

IMG_0847 IMG_0848Nolan gave me a phenomenal compliment, saying that the chicken was grilled perfectly. IDK why he is still so surprised by my cooking skills after all these years. But he was definitely right. It was the perfect way to end the day, and I have tons of leftover grilled chicken to use throughout the week. :-)

-What have you been eating this week?

-What are you most looking forward to eating this spring/summer?

-Do you crave certain flavors during spring?

• BoaBeerBlog March 12, 2014, 3:41 pm

What beer were you drinking? I don’t recognize the label…
    BoaBeerBlog recently posted…Saranac 12 Beers a SpringingMy Profile

• Katy March 12, 2014, 7:01 pm

It’s called Jack’s Abby. It’s a fairly new brewery in Framingham MA that has been sweeping over the Boston area! They have some really unique flavors. Last year I tried their peanut butter beer which was excellent. I actually used it to make peanut butter beer bread which was incredible. Here is the link to their site. :-) http://jacksabbybrewing.com/

• zoetcm March 12, 2014, 4:34 pm

Ur breakfast biscuits look good! Is it just shortcrust pastry? We don’t get roll of biscuits here in UK. Ur other eats look nice too :)
    zoetcm recently posted…WIAW #3My Profile

• Katy March 12, 2014, 7:07 pm

Thanks so much for stopping by! The dough is thicker than a pastry. I’m not sure what a good substitution would be but I will look into it for you! :-)

• Hilary March 12, 2014, 5:40 pm

I am so looking forward to it being warm enough to grill out this spring and summer! Hoping to do it a lot! Who doesn’t love a good grill out :) !
    Hilary recently posted…WIAW: IIFYM Style My Profile

• Katy March 12, 2014, 7:08 pm

Exactly! It’s my favorite summertime activity. :-)

• Laurie@FoodisLove March 20, 2014, 1:02 pm

Thanks for submitting these to http://foodisloverecipes.com Katy ! They are certainly a perfect addition to our Easy Breakfast category! Love these!
    Laurie@FoodisLove recently posted…Cheesecake Swirl BrowniesMy Profile