1- I am terrible at balance. Last week I blogged 4 times, I took over 100,000 steps (thanks to my Jawbone Duel against my brother Brian. Huge motivator!), and spent a lot of time with friends. This week was all about school for me. I spent a lot of time prepping lessons for my 5th graders, and working on my own projects for my teacher courses. I cooked a lot too! However, I didn’t blog and I only got in 2 workouts. I just cannot find a balance!!! I need to learn how to do 20% of those 5 things each week, and not 50% of some and 0% of others. Something I will continuously work on.
2- Nolan and I both CRUSHED it at volleyball last night!! I always look forward to Thursday nights this time of year. Our volleyball league is in full swing and we are having a blast playing. Last night we both just played amazingly and everything was clicking. We even played a few games on the same team and set each other up for some great plays and hits. I love that it’s something we can do together and enjoy so much. It adds something special to our relationship that we can work together as a team and share some competitive energy. We treated ourselves to some beer and pizza after 😉
3. Today is Good Friday which means I have the day off. Ok, as a raised catholic I know that’s NOT what GF is about, but it is nice to have a 3 day weekend. Unfortunately it’s raining so I can’t take Casey the dog on a walk but I do plan to get in some shopping and some sort of workout. Luckily I have the best husband in the world, and he delivered me an ice coffee on his way to work today which starts my day off great. …that brings me to my next fact…
4. I am 100000% off Dunkin Donuts and hooked on Honey Dew. Honey Dew is a New England based coffee chain which are each individually owned and their coffee has been killing DD. Don’t even get me started about their food. I had a bagel and cream cheese from HD for breakfast yesterday and it was game changing. Sorry DD, but my allegiance has changed.
5. Thursday was my 4 year bloggerversery here at Savor Life’s Flavors. WOW. More to come on that!
6. Nolan and I just booked a trip for my April vacation week! We decided a little last minute to plan a trip to Denver Colorado and I could not be more excited. We try to go on one fun trip a year and although we cruised to Bermuda last summer, it’s been 2 years since we have been on a plane together. One of our friends has lived in Denver for 4 or 5 years now so it will be great to be shown around by a local. He already has some amazing things planned for us. My only worry is the altitude with my asthma… I’ll just make sure I have a fresh inhaler with me 😉
7. I discovered something life changing this week- besides the bagel at Honey Dew- The Netflix app. IDK why the hell it has taken me so long to realize that I can watch Netflix at the gym. It’s incredible how quick a 3 mile run goes when you are watching an episode of Gilmore Girls.
8. Lots of family fun to look forward to this weekend. Between Easter and Birthdays there will be lots of festivities and delicious food.
9….I got nothing else to share. 🙂 Time to get my day started and be a bit productive. Enjoy the weekend.